“I’m not deaf, young people mumble, people don’t enunciate properly”. These comments are often spoken by someone with a hearing problem.
Hearing loss can occur suddenly but often occurs gradually and creeps up on you. You may want to retreat from conversations or find you start to avoid family gatherings. A hearing loss is a communication barrier and you may feel admitting to a hearing problem will damage your reputation within your workplace or undermine your standing in social groups or family life. You may sometimes feel embarrassed at having to ask others to repeat themselves and you may sometimes try to guess what the speaker has said, or smile and nod hopefully.
Hearing loss affects other members of your family and work colleagues as well as you.
Indications of possible hearing loss
- Do you often ask people to repeat themselves?
- Do you need the TV louder than others enjoy?
- Do people seem to mumble more than they used to?
- Do you struggle to hear in crowded places?
- Have others suggested you may have a hearing loss?
If the answer is ‘Yes’, take the first step and call for a free hearing test today on 01926 313913.